Cheesy Pepper Poppers
Servings40 appetizer servings
These are awesome . We made these for dinner last night, so we could have finger foods while we watched a movie. There were awesome and will make them again. — Wyatt
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Bratwurst, removed from casing* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 1 - 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 20 large jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed**
- ** Safety tip: wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
- In a large skillet, brown and stir sausage until the meat is crumbled and no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine cooked sausage, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon mixture into prepared peppers.
- Arrange filled peppers on an ungreased baking pan. Bake in a preheated 400⁰F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- TO GRILL: preheat gas grill or prepare charcoal grill according to manufacture's directions. When ready to grill, place peppers on a grilling tray over low heat (gas grill) or on medium-high on a charcoal grill, 4 to 6 inches from coals; cover. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serving suggestion: serve "poppers" with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing.