Cheesy Pepper Poppers
Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Combine your love of brats with delicious jalapeno poppers for some truly awesome appetizers! This recipe from Johnsonville takes the signature flavors of your favorite brat and adds some creamy, spicy goodness to the mix with the addition of jalapenos, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. These poppers offer up a delectable mix of flavors and textures that will give your mouth the taste adventure it craves. Whether these poppers are baked or grilled, they’re perfect for turning up the heat at your next gathering!
- Servings: 40 appetizers
Cheesy Pepper Poppers
What you need
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Bratwurst, removed from casing* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 20 large jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed**
- **Safety tip: wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
- 1 In a large skillet, brown and stir sausage until the meat is crumbled and no longer pink; drain.
- 2 In a small bowl, combine cooked sausage, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- 3 Spoon mixture into prepared peppers.
- 4 Arrange filled peppers on an ungreased baking pan. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5 TO GRILL: preheat gas grill or prepare charcoal grill according to manufacture’s directions. When ready to grill, place peppers on a grilling tray over low heat (gas grill) or on medium-high on a charcoal grill, 4 to 6 inches from coals; cover. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6 Serving suggestion: serve “poppers” with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE