Cheesy Pepper Poppers -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
Delicious!. I wasn't really sure what to expect making these for the first time. My husband's little brother is used to having them without meat and I am not a huge fan of brats. They came out so amazing and at my age (40) it was the VERY first time i ate brats. This recipe is so delicious that i will start making them for other occasions (it's Superbowl Sunday today). Thank you Johnsonville for introducing me to your brats and for a fabulous appetizer. — Angela Nicole
Servings40 appetizer servings
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Bratwurst
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 20 large jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed**
- **Safety tip: wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
- Diced colored bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
- Grill Brats on the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill (or your favorite cooking method). Let cool slightly; dice sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine cooked sausage, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into prepared peppers.
- Arrange filled peppers on an ungreased baking pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with diced colored peppers, if desired.
- Serve with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing.