Cheesy Garlic Breakfast Sandwich
About this recipe
Hungry for something bold? This hearty breakfast sandwich combines buttery garlic toast, Johnsonville Original Breakfast Patties and eggs and cheese. Totally unforgettable.
- 8 JOHNSONVILLE® Original Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 8 slices frozen garlic Texas Toast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese sauce or chili con queso cheese sauce, warmed
- Cook sausage according to package directions; keep warm.
- Bake Texas Toast according to package directions.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add eggs; cook until set.
- To assemble sandwiches, layer four slices of Texas Toast with sausage, egg and cheese sauce. Top with remaining Texas Toast.
- OPTIONS: For Smaller Appetites: Forget the second slice of Texas Toast and serve as an open-faced sandwich
- Take Along to the Game: To take these sandwiches on the run, assemble sandwiches as described above; wrap in foil and keep warm. To save for later, pack sandwiches on ice in a cooler. At the game, place wrapped sandwiches on the grill to heat through.