Cheesy Cheddar Roll-Ups
What's the BIG DEAL?. Not a new idea! I have been eating this for the last 50 years. We still make them with hotdogs, sausage, or bratwurst, etc. and crescent rolls - sometimes without cheese, sometimes with - (American, cheddar, swiss, pepper jack, etc. whatever you like). The combinations are endless. Johnsonville products help make great roll-ups, but other ingredients can work well too! — Renee Scott
- 1 package (14 ounces) Johnsonville® Beddar with Cheddar Sausage
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
- In a small skillet, sauté onion in oil until golden brown; cool slightly.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. Please note: there will be two extra triangles that may be used to make dinner rolls.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of mustard on each triangle, divide onions equally and place one link on the wide end of each triangle. Carefully roll-up.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.