Cheesy Bratwurst Pastry Wraps -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
best with soup. these delicious pastries are awesome but even better when dipped in a hot steamy bowl of soup. I dipped mine in loaded baked potato soup and it was delicious! — maribeth baker
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Cheddar Brats
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) American cheese, shredded
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed and cut into 4-inch x 4-inch squares
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grill Cheddar Brats on the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill (or your favorite cooking method). Let cool slightly; cut into ¼-inch bias slices.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Sauté onions until translucent and slightly brown. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook broccoli in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- Evenly divide sausage, broccoli, onion and cheese onto pastry squares.
- Wet edges of pastry with water. Bring corners of pastry together and pinch edges to seal. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350°F. for 12 minutes or until golden brown.