Cheddar Brat Mac & Cheese
Unlikely, but delicious combination. I thought the combination of German brats with Mexican flavors of con queso and cumin sounded odd. But it turned out to be yummy and comforting. A great comfort food! I doubled it and made one for a family with a sick baby, and kept one for us. — Reese
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Cheddar Bratwurst or JOHNSONVILLE® Chorizo Sausage Links
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 jar (23 ounces) Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced, optional
- Grill sausage according to directions. Let cool slightly, cut into ¼-inch bias slices.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Cook macaroni according to package directions for firm pasta.
- In a large bowl, combine the salsa con queso, Cheddar cheese, water, cumin and cayenne.
- Stir in brats and macaroni.
- Transfer to a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Pepper Jack cheese and green onions.
- Bake, covered, at 350⁰F for 30 minutes or until heated through.