Back To Recipe
Caprese Sausage Bruschetta with Johnsonville Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage
Servings12 appetizers servings
Perfecto!. Perfect appetizer or late afternoon at the racetrack snack! — Terri P
- 1/2 loaf French bread baguette, cut into 12 slices (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 1 medium tomato, halved and cut into 12 thin slices
- 6 leaves basil leaves, halved
- 1 link JOHNSONVILLE® Fully Cooked Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage, cut into 12 thin slices
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush both sides of bread with oil.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Top each piece of bread with tomato, cheese, basil and sausage.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until sausage is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- In a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Drizzle over sausage.