Submitted by: Nicole J. of Houston, Texas
The Italian Sausage Patties are perfect adding the extra herbs and spices to make this dish great. Top this with some prosciutto, red onion and romaine lettuce, and you’ve got perfection in a bun!
- Cook: 20 minutes
What you need
- 1/4 lb. prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- fresh romaine lettuce, torn for each burger
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lemon Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Make the lemon mayonnaise by combining mayonnaise, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and red pepper flakes. Set aside to allow for flavors to combine.
- 2 In a skillet on high heat, toast the prosciutto slices for 2 minutes on each side until they are brown. Remove from pan and place on paper towel to drain.
- 3 Heat the grill to medium-high. Place patties on the grill.
- 4 Grill red onion slices until grill marks appear, about 7 minutes on each side. Then toast buns.
- 5 When burgers are done, top with fresh mozzarella cheese and heat until melted and set aside.
- 6 Put burger together by coating both sides of the bun with lemon mayonnaise, then topping with tomato, onion, lettuce, crispy prosciutto, several fresh basil leaves and the mozzarella/basil covered burger.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE