Cajun Style Sausage Soup -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
This soup is a warm welcome after a long hard day. It is quick and easy to prepare, with fresh green pepper, canned black beans, corn and tomatoes. This one will make your mouth say mmm.
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats
- 1 medium green pepper; chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) mild or original diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Grill sausage in Sizzling Sausage Grill according to grill directions. Let cool slightly, halve and slice sausage.
- In a soup pot, sauté green pepper in oil until tender.
- Add sausage and garlic to the pot and sauté 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.