Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage Rice Skillet
Servings4 to 5 servings
Are actual amounts of veggies a secret???. Why not just say how much onion, pepper and celery to use? SOOO frustrating to guess how much a medium onion, a small green pepper and a stalk of celery will create in cups. Why, Why, Why??? — cvb2407
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, pepper, celery in oil until tender.
- Add the sausage and garlic; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.