Back To Recipe
Cajun Shrimp Stew
About this recipe
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium oil blend
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Red Gold® diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Oregano
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp (31-35 count per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté sausage slices until brown on both sides; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, bay leaves, cumin, oregano and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shrimp and sausage; simmer, covered, until shrimp are opaque and pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves and serve.