About this recipe
Try a fun twist of two classic Cajun dishes. Corn maque choux is a traditional south Louisiana dish with corn and peppers, usually served as a side. Add some andouille sausage in our version to kick up the flavor!
- 1 package (14 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Andouille Rope Sausage or JOHNSONVILLE® New Orleans Spicy Smoked Sausage Links cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) Zatarain’s® Jambalaya Mix, Original
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add celery, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until sausage is browned and vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in water, tomatoes and Rice Mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- tir in corn; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.