Cajun Country Cornbread Stuffing
About this recipe
Looking for a way to give your stuffing a kick? Try this fantastic recipe from Johnsonville! This dish takes a traditional cornbread stuffing and adds in the delicious flavors and spices that can only come from Cajun country. Using your favorite cornbread stuffing, add in onions, celery, sage and chicken broth for the base. To get the taste buds going into overdrive, add in Johnsonville’s Andouille Sausage. The combination of fantastic aromas, textures and taste will knock you off your feet!
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (14 ounces) cornbread stuffing
- 2 packages (13.5 ounces each) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (green tops only)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the cornbread stuffing, Andouille sausage, Cajun seasoning and sage. Add broth and eggs; stir gently to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 3-qt. or 4-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°F.
- Before serving, sprinkle with green onions.