Cajun Chicken Sausage & Waffles
About this recipe
Chicken and waffles—Cajun style! This recipe uses Johnsonville Cajun Style Chicken Sausage to spice up your average waffle dish with an awesome combination of eggs, Cheddar cheese and white gravy! Ready in under 30 minutes, this dish is perfect for breakfast or any time you want a satisfying meal.
- 4 links Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 4 large waffles (make quick homemade waffles using your favorite baking mix, or save time by using store-bought frozen waffles)
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup prepared white gravy
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Layer waffles with Cheddar cheese and sausage. Drizzle gravy over the top.
- On a parchment paper lined baking pan, bake for 6-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- While waffles are baking, in a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-heat. Crack one egg in separate bowl to be sure there are no pieces of shell, add the egg to the pan. Wait for the bottom of the egg to solidify, about 20-30 seconds, then flip. Cook another 20-30 seconds or until egg reaches desired doneness; remove from heat. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Before serving, top waffles with eggs. Season with pepper.