Cajun Chicken Sausage Jambalaya
cajun chicen sausage jambalaya. I halved the recipe and, at the end, since I don't eat shrimp, I added a can of dark red kidney beans, drained. Didn't need to change anything else. This was delicious. Will definitely make again. — JosieL
- 1 package (12 oz.) Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage links, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium blend
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) Tuttorosso® Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 pound frozen cooked medium shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 2 pouches Uncle Ben's® Ready Rice® Original long grain rice
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, pepper, celery and jalapeno peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add sausage and garlic; sauté 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Add the tomatoes, water, tomato paste and seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and rice; heat through.