Cajun Chicken Sausage Jambalaya
Delicious Sausage Jambalaya. Made this Jambalaya dish and it was the best I had. It was easy to prepare and cooked fast for a great dinner. Much better than other recipes I've tried! — Becky
- 1 package (12 oz.) Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage links, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium blend
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) Tuttorosso® Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 pound frozen cooked medium shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 2 pouches Uncle Ben's® Ready Rice® Original long grain rice
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, pepper, celery and jalapeno peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add sausage and garlic; sauté 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Add the tomatoes, water, tomato paste and seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and rice; heat through.