Buttermilk Sausage Bath
Best Brats Ever. This recipe is so simple and quick. The buttermilk bath with onions, celery and fresh thyme really mellows the brats. The flavor is unbelievable! Be careful, these brats are addictive! — Gib
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 packages (19 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Sausage Links or Brats
- 1 large (12-inch x 9-inch) heavy-duty disposable foil pan
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- In a large heavy-duty disposable foil pan, combine the buttermilk, onions, celery and thyme.
- Place pan on the grill. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add sausage and cover pan with foil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into sausage reads 160°F.
- Remove sausage from the pan. Grill links until browned; return to pan.
- Cover pan and keep warm.