- 8 ounce canola oil
- 1 package Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 8 ounce sour cream
- 2 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a 4-quart saucepan, heat the oil on moderate heat. While the oil is heating, cut the sausages in 1/2 inch coins and place in a bowl.
- Add the chili powder and corn starch and combine thoroughly.
- When the oil is hot (350 degrees), add half the Chicken Apple Sausage slices and fry until brown, and the casings are shrinking just a bit.
- Remove and drain on a pan lined with paper towels and cook the remaining sausage.
- Make the dip by combining the blue cheese and sour cream, adding lemon juice until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve with the buffalo chicken sausage bites.