Brew House Sausage Bath
Excellent Bath. This recipe is outstanding. Adds lots of flavor to the Brat or Italian Sausage. I have used Guinness and other Amber beers. The stouter the beer the better the flavor I believe. I don't drink dark beer but it is great to cook with. You must try this recipe. I also use pepper bacon and fresh garlic chives. Yummy — Mark
- 1 pound sliced bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) beer
- 2 packages (19 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Brats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 large (12-inch x 9-inch) heavy-duty disposable foil pan
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- Place a large heavy-duty disposable foil pan on the grill; add bacon.
- Cook bacon until crisp, stirring often.
- Add onions; cook and stir until golden brown.
- Add beer and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the brats and cover pan with foil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into a brat reads 160°F.
- Remove brats from the pan. Grill links until browned; return to pan.
- Stir in butter.
- Cover pan and keep warm.