Breakfast Tortilla Cups®
A family hit. I've made these a dozen times now, including for a brunch-time baby shower where they were a big hit. Sometimes I mix up the ingredients a bit (bacon bits instead of sausage, no veggies for THAT kid, use whatever cheese I have on hand). Yes, as another reviewer said, do spray both sides of the tortillas. The easiest way to do this is to spray the first one on both sides and put it on a piece of waxed paper, and then put the second on top of the first and press it gently on (this greases the bottom side) and then spray the top - repeat. Leftovers heat up well the next day. — Alicia
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage Links
- 9 flour Mission Fajita Size Tortillas (6 inch)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook sausages according to package directions; cut into 1/4-inch slices; set aside.
- On a piece of waxed paper, spray each tortilla on both sides with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cut tortillas into fourths.
- Arrange three tortilla pieces (pointed end down) into muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Overlap edges of tortilla pieces and press gently into muffin cups. Rounded edges will extend above muffin cups.
- Divide 1 cup of cheese evenly into tortilla-lined muffin cups.
- Top with sausage slices and remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, bell pepper, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Carefully pour into tortilla cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Carefully remove from muffin cups. Serve hot with salsa.