Breakfast Tortilla Cups®
Muy delicioso!. We LOVED these wonderful little cups of breakfast goodness - sausage, cheese, eggs, green pepper and cilantro - a total success and we had plenty leftover for two days of quick warm-up breakfasts (We warmed them in a toaster oven set at 210 for 4 minutes). The cups were easy to make, just remember to oil BOTH sides of the quartered 6" tortillas. Instead of link sausage, we used breakfast patties, fried them and then cut the patties into bite-sized squares. We definitely will have them again. Gracias mucho! — pkoliver
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage Links
- 9 flour Mission Fajita Size Tortillas (6 inch)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook sausages according to package directions; cut into 1/4-inch slices; set aside.
- On a piece of waxed paper, spray each tortilla on both sides with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cut tortillas into fourths.
- Arrange three tortilla pieces (pointed end down) into muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Overlap edges of tortilla pieces and press gently into muffin cups. Rounded edges will extend above muffin cups.
- Divide 1 cup of cheese evenly into tortilla-lined muffin cups.
- Top with sausage slices and remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, bell pepper, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Carefully pour into tortilla cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Carefully remove from muffin cups. Serve hot with salsa.