Breakfast Tortilla Cups
About this recipe
For those wanting a bit more spice to start the day, there’s nothing better than perfectly portioned tasty tortilla cups! These cups are packed with the wonderful flavors of eggs, cilantro, red bell peppers and Mexican cheese. For the added kick, Johnsonville Hot & Spicy Breakfast Sausage Links are used to give you the needed heat to wake up your taste buds and get you going. Serve with your favorite salsa for an added bonus to your morning fiesta.
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Hot & Spicy Breakfast Sausage Links
- 9 flour tortillas (6 inches), at room temperature (thicker, home-style tortillas work best)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook sausage according to package directions; cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Coat muffin pan and both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Cut tortillas into quarters. Arrange three tortilla pieces in each muffin cup, overlapping to fit. Press tortillas gently and firmly into muffin pan. (Tortillas should stick up higher than muffin cup sides.)
- Arrange half of the cheese in tortilla-lined muffin cups. Top with sausage and the remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bell pepper, cilantro, salt and pepper. Carefully pour into cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve with salsa.