About this recipe
Who needs fast food when you can get a great breakfast slider from Johnsonville? This recipe uses some of your favorite breakfast ingredients to make a meal that’s perfectly portable. Onions, bell peppers, Cheddar cheese, eggs and Johnsonville’s Breakfast Sausage Links provide great flavors to get you ready for the day. Enjoy with your favorite rolls and cream cheese, and you’ve got another winning Johnsonville creation!
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Original Recipe or Vermont Maple Syrup Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs or 2 cups liquid egg whites or egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 14 whole wheat dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese with chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook sausage according to package directions; chop into small pieces.
- Arrange sausage in 14 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion and peppers in oil until tender; sprinkle over sausage.
- Sprinkle cheese into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until set. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing from pan.
- To assemble sliders: spread cream cheese over roll bottoms and top with an egg muffin; replace roll tops.