Italian Sausage with Rosemary & Mushroom Stuffing
delicious. The ingredients list misses the inclusion of green peppers, however the directions include them. I sauteed the onion and green pepper lightly prior to adding to the stuffing mix and used the original brats. I pan seared prior to splitting just to get color and bumped time to 35 minutes since I used the raw sausage. This was a very good meal and no side dishes are needed. Note: I added chopped mushrooms to the peppers and onions while sauteing and added some freshly grated cheese on the last 7 mins of cooking and they were excellent. A great change up from everyday brats and very filling. — yfz43
- 1 package Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Cook brats according to skillet package directions.
- Split brats lengthwise being careful not to cut all the way through and leaving ends intact. Place in baking pan and reserve.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, rosemary, parsley, bacon bits and egg.
- In a medium skillet sauté the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms 1-2 minutes. Combine with bread crumb mixture.
- Spoon equal amounts of stuffing into split brats.
- Bake at 350ºF about 8-10 min or until internal temperature of 165ºF is reached.