Bratwurst & Cabbage Pockets
Ready for Some Football With These!. I made these for our first preseason football game party and they disappeared before the first quarter ended! Every guest was given the recipe knowing these little pockets would go fast because they are a Johnsonville product! I made my recipe into 24 servings and doubled the batch to end up with 48 appetizers. I can be certain by word-of-mouth this will be at A Lot of parties as this year ends and another begins. — patti
- 10 (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Brats , casings removed* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 3 pounds green cabbage, 1/4-inch sliced and cooked
- 1-1/4 pounds onion, sliced and cooked
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen white bread dough, thawed and proofed
- Place sausage in skillet and cook until heated through, drain.
- Combine cooked bratwurst, cabbage, onion and seasoning and blend well.
- Roll bread dough until it is 36 inches long and 8 inches wide, place 1/2 cup of filling every 6 inches.
- Brush water on edges of dough and in between filling to help with sealing of product.
- Pull dough over the top of filling and crimp down edges with a fork and cut apart. Product should be in the shape of a half moon.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.