Brat, Sauerkraut and Potato Skillet
About this recipe
This hearty dish is the perfect DAY 2 meal after a delicious cook-out using your extra brats, if there are any!
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 pound sauerkraut, drained, rinsed if desired
- 5 leftover brat hot tub brats, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate; save grease.
- Return ¼ cup bacon grease to the skillet. Add the potatoes and onions; cook until browned. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove potatoes and keep warm.
- Add sauerkraut, brats, garlic and caraway, to skillet; cook until heated through.
- Return potatoes to skillet; toss to combine all ingredients.
- Sprinkle with bacon right before serving.