No need to eliminate cheese. These are really good, but I tried them with a variety of cheeses stuffed in with the brats: Colby, Cheddar, and Jalapeno Jack. The over-all consensus was that they are awesome, but nobody could pick a favorite cheese, so we agreed that more testing will have to be done, probably on-going on a weekly basis until we've picked a winner :) — Rick
- 18 Jalapeno peppers*
- 1 package (14 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Smoked Brats
- 1 package (16 ounces) bacon, cut into thirds
- Using a sharp knife, slice 1/4 inch off the stem end of the peppers, discard the stem.
- Using a small knife or vegetable peeler, remove seeds and spines of the peppers, discard.
- Dice the sausages into small pieces and stuff the peppers with the sausage.
- Cover the sausage with a 1/3 strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill the brat bullets over medium heat until evenly roasted and the bacon is crisp.