Johnsonville Brat Hot Tub
Better With Dr. Pepper. I don't like the taste of beer, so I substituted Dr. Pepper instead, and it tastes great! I also used a whole stick of butter instead of the 2 tablespoons, and added sliced green, yellow and red peppers as well as an extra onion for 2 total. I also used a slightly bigger pan, of course. Before putting the brats, onions, and peppers on a bun, I added a slice of provolone cheese. Absolutely amazing! Thanks for the idea and recipe! — Wes Richardson
- 1 package (2.85 lbs) Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst Party Pack
- 1 aluminum foil baking pan (11-in. x 9-in. x 2 3/8-in.)
- 2-3 cans (12 ounces each) beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow or white onion, sliced
- 12 brat buns
- Prepare brats on a gas or charcoal grill according to package directions.
- When brats are cooked, remove from grill and place in foil baking pan.
- Place pan on grill, add beer, butter and onions.
- Over medium heat, on a covered grill, allow brats to simmer in beer and onions.
- Serve each brat with onions on a bun. Enjoy!