Johnsonville® Brat Hot Tub
Holy Yumminess!!. Sadly, my grill is broken, but had an insatiable craving for a brat, so I adapted this for stovetop and boy did that hit the spot!! Seared the brats in an iron skillet on the stove to brown on all sides, meanwhile made the onion, butter, hot tub in a separate skillet. When brats were nicely browned, I added them to the onion hot tub, and finished in a 350 oven till the brats came up to temp (used a thermometer). These were amazingly tasty, the onions were mellow and almost creamy and the brat had a great snap and great flavor. Thanks for this recipe, I can't wait to get my grill working and do these as the recipe states. This is the flavor of summer! — Leigh
- 1 large (11-inch x 9-inch x 2 3/8-inch) aluminum foil baking pan
- 2 to 3 cans (12 ounces each) beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced
- JOHNSONVILLE® Brats ;
- Put the pan right on the grill, being careful not to singe your knuckle hair. Pour in the beer, and add the butter and onions.
- Grill your Johnsonville Brats to a juicy, golden-brown perfection.
- Serve immediately to your hungry guests and place any remaining brats into the steaming hot tub.
- When folks are ready for seconds or thirds--or when stragglers show up late - grab a Johnsonville Brat out of the hot tub and enjoy!