Johnsonville Brat Crock
Brats, beer, butter & onions. The best! So simple and ever so flavorful....brats are tender. I served mashed potatotes on the side. I love this recipe. At times... simple is better. Sometimes, I add a bit of mustard and caraway seed into the beer bath. — angie
- 1 slow cooker
- 3-4 cans (12 oz. each) beer (depending on the size of your slow cooker)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced into rings
- Johnsonville Original Brats (19 oz. tray)
- Pour in the beer; add butter and onions into slow cooker and turn on to high.
- Heat a grill pan or heavy skillet to medium high and grill or sear the brats on all sides.
- Place your Johnsonville Brats into the slow cooker and heat until the brats are cooked through, about 2 hours. Brats are fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 160˚F.
- Reduce heat to low to keep the brats in the slow cooker hot throughout the game.
- When folks are ready for seconds or thirds -- or even when stragglers show up late --grab a Johnsonville Brat out of this indoor hot tub and enjoy!