Back To Recipe
Brat, Apple and Cheddar Panini
About this recipe
The flavorful combination of Brats, apples, onions and Cheddar cheese makes this panini the perfect sandwich any time of the year.
- 3 links JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats, cooked according to package directions and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large round focaccia bread
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, sauté onion in butter for 10 minutes. Add apple slices and sugar. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until apple is crisp-tender.
- Cut focaccia bread in half horizontally. Then cut in half vertically, to make two panini sandwiches.
- On both bottom pieces of focaccia bread, arrange 2 slices of cheese, apple mixture, Brat slices and the remaining cheese. Replace focaccia bread tops.
- Grill in a panini press for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Cut in half to serve.