Brat, Apple and Cheddar Panini
About this recipe
The flavorful combination of Brats, apples, onions and Cheddar cheese makes this panini the perfect sandwich any time of the year.
- 3 links JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats, cooked according to package directions and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large round focaccia bread
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, sauté onion in butter for 10 minutes. Add apple slices and sugar. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until apple is crisp-tender.
- Cut focaccia bread in half horizontally. Then cut in half vertically, to make two panini sandwiches.
- On both bottom pieces of focaccia bread, arrange 2 slices of cheese, apple mixture, Brat slices and the remaining cheese. Replace focaccia bread tops.
- Grill in a panini press for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Cut in half to serve.