Brat and Pepper Hoagie -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
This is a great BIG sandwich you can make ahead of game day...then pop in the oven right before the game. Sliced brats, peppers, onions and cheese make this a hearty crowd pleaser that's even great warmed on the grill at half time!
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Bratwurst
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 loaves baguette bread
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Grill Brats on the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill (or your favorite cooking method). Let cool slightly; cut into ¼-inch bias slices.
- In a skillet, sauté peppers and onion in oil until tender; set aside.
- Slice French bread lengthwise and transfer to a baking sheet. Layer bottom of bread bottom with provolone cheese, pepper mixture and Brats. Place top of bread on hoagie and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until heated through. Cut hoagie into 6-inch servings and serve hot.