Blue Ribbon Skillet
Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Also found in: In the Kitchen, Breakfast & Brunch, Breakfast
This stunning skillet recipe from Johnsonville Kitchens combines all of your breakfast favorites and gives them a flavorful twist. Eggs and hash browns are upgraded with bell peppers, diced jalapeno and cheese. For the ultimate treatment, Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausages ties together all the delicious flavors and textures. For a fast, hearty and delicious breakfast, this meal doesn’t disappoint!
- Servings: 3
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
Blue Ribbon Skillet
What you need
- 7 links
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups Ore-Ida® hash browns
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Sargento® shredded 4-Cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 In a large skillet, cook sausage per package directions.
- 2 Cut links into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- 3 In the same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add hash browns, onion, peppers, salt and pepper.
- 4 Cook for about 10 minutes until hash browns are lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally.
- 5 Return sausage to the skillet and sprinkle with cheese.
- 6 Cover skillet for 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE