- 7 links JOHNSONVILLE® Original breakfast sausage
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups Ore-Ida® hash browns
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Sargento® shredded 4-Cheese Mexican blend cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage per package directions.
- Cut links into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add hash browns, onion, peppers, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until hash browns are lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally.
- Return sausage to the skillet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover skillet for 2 minutes until cheese is melted.