Bite Size Bangers and Mash
About this recipe
Try this tasty bite size bangers and mash recipe to make your Game Day menu complete. One package of Johnsonville Beer Brats makes 30 bites!
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Beer Brats
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP light brown sugar
- 1 TBSP butter
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup of prepared brown gravy
- 1 green onion or chives for garnish
- Heat a skillet on medium-low heat. Add olive oil and onions. Stirring occasionally, cook the onions until they are translucent. This may take 30 minutes…no need to rush it.
- When onions are translucent, add the butter and brown sugar, stirring until the onions are golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- While the onions are cooking, use the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill to cook your JOHNSONVILLE® Beer Brats until they are done. The Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill will tell you when they are done…no guess work!
- This will take about 15 minutes from start to finish. Slice each brat into 6 equal pieces.
- On a soup spoon, drop a 3/4 ounce scoop of the prepared mashed potatoes at the neck end of the spoon. Add a slice of the JOHNSONVILLE® Beer Brat to the tip of each spoon.
- To the top of the potatoes and brat, add a few rings of the caramelized onions. Drizzle each with brown gravy. Garnish with chopped chives or green onion.
- Arrange the filled spoons on a platter and serve...one spoon is one bite!