Better For You Omelets
Hummy Johnson Sausage Omelet. This is a must try ! Make it small or make it big. The taste is excellent as you savor each bite the flavors make you want to eat more, This could become a morning habit and it is good for lunch or dinner. — Melody Moser
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Original Recipe or Vermont Maple Syrup Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 eggs, lightly beaten or 3-1/2 cups liquid egg whites or egg substitute
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Cook sausage according to package directions; cut into ½-in. pieces and set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion and bell peppers in oil until crisp-tender; set aside.
- To prepare one omelet: Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Pour ½ cup eggs into the skillet; sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper. As eggs cook, push cooked edges towards the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spoon the sausage and onion mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.