Beer Chaser Brat Hot Tub
About this recipe
Don't let a dry sausage ruin your reputation as a grillmaster. Bathe your brats in your brew of choice and always have perfect brats ready to go!
- 2 packages (19 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Firecracker Spicy Sausage or JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brat
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/2-in. rings
- 1 each red, orange and yellow bell pepper, sliced into 1/2-in. rings
- 4-5 cans (12 ounces each) beer
- 1 heavy duty foil baking pan (14-in. x 10-in. x 3-in.)
- 10 brat buns
- Place foil baking pan over medium heat on a gas or charcoal grill, add butter. Grill until butter is melted.
- Add the onion and peppers; cover with foil and grill 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Add beer; hold, uncovered, on grill.
- Grill brats according to package directions.
- When brats are cooked, place in hot tub.
- Serve brats with peppers and onions on a bun.