Johnsonville Beddar with Cheddar Waffle Melt
About this recipe
Transform everyday waffles into melty magnificence with some help from Johnsonville. This dish layers the mild flavors of Swiss cheese and the sweetness of onions to set up the explosive flavors of Johnsonville Beddar with Cheddar Sausage. Topped with a mix of Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce, this recipe is great as an appetizer or a meal!
- 4 links Johnsonville® Beddar with Cheddar Sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 4 large waffles (make quick homemade waffles using your favorite baking mix, or save time by using store-bought frozen waffles)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Layer waffles with onions, Swiss cheese and sausage.
- On a parchment paper lined baking pan, bake for 6-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Combine Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over waffle before serving.