Beddar with Cheddar Corn Bread Stew
I Bet You Could Cajunize This!. I bet if you add some shrimp, corn (even corn on the cob!) and a red or green bell pepper, a can of tomatoes and some cajun seasoning and worcestdhire VOILA! Yeah! — Karenality
- 1 package (14 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Beddar with Cheddar Smoked Sausage
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large red onion, cut in small wedges
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 package (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix
- Cut sausage into 1/4-inch slices and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil.
- Add vegetables, continue to cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and tender.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Stir until smooth.
- Add to vegetables, continue to cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese and sausage.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix corn muffin mix according to package directions.
- Spoon batter over the surface of vegetable/sausage mixture.
- Add remaining cheese to batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until corn bread is golden brown.