Back To Recipe
Beautiful Baked Ziti
Beautifi Baked Ziti. Got to make this dish — Sarah
- 1 pkg. (19 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Sweet Sausage Links
- 8 oz. penne or rigatoni dry pasta, cooked according to package
- 1 jar (26 oz.) pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen garlic bread, thawed & sliced into 12 slices
- 3 cups (12 oz.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 fresh whole basil leaves
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced into 12 slices
- Prepare Johnsonville Sausage according to package directions and coin slice.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked sausage, cooked pasta, pasta sauce, water, chopped basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Toss gently.
- Place mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Place twelve slices of garlic bread on top of mixture and cover with mozzarella.
- Dip tomato in olive oil and place on each bread slice.
- Bake uncovered at 400°F for approximately 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Tuck basil leaf slightly under each tomato.
- Let stand ten minutes to help set before slicing and serving.