Bayou-Inspired Sweet Pepper Relish
yummy!. This was my first time trying chicken sausage. I cooked the sausage in a frying pan and cut it lengthwise in half to cook the middle too (my preference).The sausage was tasty and my husband, 15 yr old daughter and I really enjoyed it with the sweet pepper relish. Easy, fast dish for a weeknight. Will be adding this to my recipe box. — adena
Servings10 (2 1/2 cups) servings
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine peppers and onion.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cider vinegar, sugar and salt until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Pour over pepper mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.