Baked Smoked Sausage Spaghetti Casserole
Great! .. Made this for our Sunday dinner my family loved it! I added a little more sausage to the other ingredients for my family of 6 and I had leftovers. — cherry
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, sliced
- 1 package spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook sausage, onion and garlic in oil until onions are tender.
- Add green pepper, mushrooms, salt and seasoning; continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and basil.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Add prepared spaghetti to sauce; toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon one-half of the pasta mixture into a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with one-half of the cheese.
- Top with remaining pasta mixture and cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 375F° for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove cover, bake 5 minutes longer.