Back To Recipe
Baked French Toast with Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage
Delicious. This recipe is so easy and delicious! — Janice
- 4 cups cubed bread
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (12 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Apple Chicken Sausage , sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup skim milk
- 8 eggs
- Spread the bread, apples and sausage into an 11-inch x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Add the milk and whisk in the eggs. Pour over the bread mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, uncovering for the last 15 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.