Back To Recipe
Apple Sausage Pancakes
Servings8 hearty servings
About this recipe
This delicious breakfast brings warmth and sunshine to those cold winter mornings.
- 1 package (12 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Brown Sugar & Honey Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-1/4 cups diced Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup prepared apple butter
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and grated
- For topping: Cook sausage links according to package directions; cool slightly and cut into ½-inch pieces. In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and honey. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add diced apples and apple butter. Reduce heat; simmer until apples are tender. Stir in sausage and heat through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- For pancakes: In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in pancake mix and cinnamon. Fold in grated apple. Pour batter by ¼-cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with sausage topping. Sprinkle with pecans.