Apple Cider Sausage Bath
This Recipe Rocks. We were a little apprehensive on how this recipe would turn out. It is delicious. Instead of using the foil pan on the grill for the bath we used a pan on the stove as our grill is not that large and it was easier to adjust the temperature. We used Apple Juice not apple cider and cut the onions thick.. — Mike
- 4 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 packages (19 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Brats
- 1 large (12-inch x 9-inch) heavy-duty disposable foil pan
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- In a large heavy-duty disposable foil pan, combine the apple cider, onions, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Place pan on the grill. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the brats and cover pan with foil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into a brat reads 160°F.
- Remove brats from the pan. Grill links until browned; return to pan.
- Cover pan and keep warm.