Apple Cider Sausage Bath
Great Combination!. This has become our go to recipe for family barbecues. We love the combination of apple cider and sausage. We cook the cider bath inside and then take it out to grill. — Tocarruncho
- 4 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 packages (19 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Brats
- 1 large (12-inch x 9-inch) heavy-duty disposable foil pan
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- In a large heavy-duty disposable foil pan, combine the apple cider, onions, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Place pan on the grill. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the brats and cover pan with foil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into a brat reads 160°F.
- Remove brats from the pan. Grill links until browned; return to pan.
- Cover pan and keep warm.