- 1 package Mahatma® or Carolina® Yellow Rice Mix
- 1 - 2/3 cups apple cider
- 1 package (12 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Apple Chicken Sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Prepare rice according to package directions using apple cider instead of water.
- Cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook sausage 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add shallots, bell pepper and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add rice, parsley, cream, and cheese.
- Stir until creamy.
- Serve immediately.