Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage Sweet and Sour Stir Fry
Easy, quick dinner to make . When I first came across this recipe, I knew I would love it because I had already tried the sausage as a breakfast main and loved it. I wish the Johnsonville brand was a little cheaper, but I am usually able to find coupons for a few cents off at my local grocer. I usually use broccoli, red pepper, pea pods, water chestnuts and celery as veggies. This recipe is great to keep on hand for a quick meal to whip up in less than 20mins. I would definitely recommend trying it! — Sara
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Apple Chicken Sausage , sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained, reserving liquid
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Hot cooked brown or white rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil; stir-fry vegetables until crisp-tender.
- Add sausage and pineapple; cook and stir until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine water, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and reserved pineapple juice.
- Add to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice.