Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage Sweet and Sour Stir Fry
Easy, quick dinner to make . When I first came across this recipe, I knew I would love it because I had already tried the sausage as a breakfast main and loved it. I wish the Johnsonville brand was a little cheaper, but I am usually able to find coupons for a few cents off at my local grocer. I usually use broccoli, red pepper, pea pods, water chestnuts and celery as veggies. This recipe is great to keep on hand for a quick meal to whip up in less than 20mins. I would definitely recommend trying it! — Sara
- 2-1/2 cups instant brown or long grain white rice
- 1 can (8 ounce) pineapple chunks
- 1 package (12 ounce) frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Apple Chicken Sausage , sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Drain pineapple; reserve pineapple chunks and juice.
- In a large skillet, sauté vegetables in oil until crisp-tender.
- Add sausage and pineapple chunks; cook and stir until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, and reserved pineapple juice.
- Stir into sausage mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.