Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage Bangers and Mash Breakfast Casserole
About this recipe
Taking a cue from our friends across the pond, this Johnsonville creation puts a twist on the traditional bangers and mash. This recipe is a breakfast lover’s dream, adding delicious spinach, eggs, onions, and Cheddar cheese to your favorite instant potatoes and Johnsonville’s Apple Chicken Sausage. By turning the bangers and mash into a fantastic breakfast casserole, Johnsonville has created another fusion dish that will become one of your new favorites.
Servings6 to 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Apple Chicken Sausage
- 5 ounces spinach leaves
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions, set aside
- Slice sausage lengthwise in half and brown in skillet over medium high heat, set aside.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl. Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into 13-inch x9-inch casserole dish. Distribute sausage pieces evenly over the top.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake 30 minutes, until browned.