Apple Chicken Sausage and Dumplings
Easy, Tasty!. Apple Chicken Sausage & Dumplings was really easy to make. This comfort food was really flavorful. It was a bit hit in this house! — Beth
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Apple Chicken Sausage, cut into coins
- 1/4 cup each chopped carrots, celery and onion
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbs. flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, sauté the sausage, carrots, celery and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add chicken broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in peas. Return sausage mixture to pan.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk until a soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto boiling sausage mixture. Reduce heat; cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover pan; cook 10 minutes longer.