Apple-Cheddar Sausage Bake
Try this recipe . I make this 3.to 4 times a week. I cut 4sausage links into small PC's. Dice half an onion then dice half a green pepper , spray pan with Pam then combine in a skillet until sausage is cooked add 4scrambled eggs and let cook until you can flip over like. an omelette. Cook until it's golden brown on both sides then serve. — Robert Tancrede
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Johnsonville® Original breakfast sausage links
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with more fruit
- 2 medium apples, peeled, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, breaking up with spoon, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pie filling and apples. Spread mixture evenly in baking dish. Top with 1 cup of the cheese
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, salt, pepper and eggs with wire whisk or fork until blended. Pour evenly over cheese.
- Bake 30 to 37 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.