Andouille Stuffed Cornbread Waffle with Chipotle Syrup
About this recipe
This sweet and savory stuffed cornbread waffle is perfect any time of the day. And with a kick of a sweet maple syrup with a chipotle kick, it's sure to please!
- 1/2 package (13.5 oz.) Johnsonville® Andouille Split Rope Sausage
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Quarter andouille lengthwise and cut ½ inch long.
- Mince the chipotle pepper and stir into the maple syrup. Set aside.
- Mix together the flour, cornmeal, ground chipotle pepper, and salt.
- In another bowl mix milk, oil, and eggs. Then add to the dry ingredients.
- Fold in cheese.
- Pour ¾ cup batter onto preheated waffle maker and spread out with spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle ½ cup of spinach, then add half of the andouille sausage.
- Pour another ¾ cup batter over the sausage. Close lid and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Waffle makers vary by size and watts. You may have to adjust recipe for your waffle maker.